To open or close the valve, turn the handle 1/4 turn (90 degrees)
- In open position – the handle rotation is counterclockwise and the handle is parallel with the valve.
- In close position – the handle rotation is clockwise and the handle is perpendicular with the valve.
Threaded End Ball Valve
- Make sure all surfaces are clear and free of debris on the piping connection.
- Use teflon tape or approved sealant is recommended.
- Prepare two smooth-jawed adjustable wrenches when installing the valve. A loosely fitting pipe wrench can distort the valve and causes a leak.
- Apply one wrench on the hex nearest the joint being tightened to prevent breaking the seal between the end cap and body of the valve.